Use this article as a guide to help setup your FarmQA account. If you're having any trouble getting your account setup, feel free to contact the FarmQA support staff. The FarmQA support contact information is provided at the end of this document.
Table of Contents
Creating an enterprise in FarmQA
- Go to the FarmQA login page and click the Sign up now button.
- On the next screen, enter your Name and Email address in the dialog box. After you've done this, press the Next button.
- An email will be sent to the email address you put in containing your login code. Once you've received that email, enter you code and click the Next button.
- Enter the name of your company, organization, or operation that you want to use for your FarmQA account.
- Set the unit of measure that you want used in your account. This setting controls what units can be used within your account (i.e. field area will be in acres (ac) in Imperial and hectares (ha) in Metric).
- Click the Next button.
- Select the role you have within your organization. Read this article if you need a better breakdown of how roles in FarmQA work.
- Next, choose the crops that you'd like to have in your account. Crops you select will be able to be assigned to your fields, and you will have generic scouting templates for each crop automatically loaded into your account.
- When you've selected the crops you want, click the Next button.
- Set and confirm the password for your account. If you need to, your password can be reset within your account after you've made it.
- Review your account information. If you're satisfied, click the Submit button to finish setting up your account.
Here's a brief overview on how you can add users to your FarmQA account:
- Click on the Settings icon, then click on the Users tab.
- Click the Add new user button.
- Fill out the Email, Name, and set the Password for the user.
- Assign the new user to an Organization and give them a Role, then Save the new user.
For a more in-depth look into how to add users to your FarmQA account, check out this article.
Logging into a FarmQA account
NOTE: Please read this section if you are one of the following:
- a Crop Scout working for an agronomist/retailer who has a FarmQA account.
- a Grower who has had an account setup for them in FarmQA.
- a Driver who will be working for an agronomist/grower/retailer who has a FarmQA account.
When you are accessing your FarmQA account for the first time, you DO NOT need to select the Sign up now option when you're first logging in. Instead, you will press the Sign in button in the login page as your login has already been created by either the Enterprise Administrator of the enterprise you are signing into or by a member of the FarmQA Support team (pictured below). If you're not sure what your FarmQA login credentials are, please contact the Enterprise Administrator of your account or a member of the FarmQA Support team for assistance.
Setting up crop varieties in your account
Crop varieties can be added under the crops you have setup in your FarmQA account. Here is a brief overview on how to setup crop varieties:
- Click on the Settings icon, then find the Crops/varieties tab.
- Click on the Add variety button in the desired crop row.
- Set the variety name, then click the Add variety button to save your changes.
For a more in-depth step-by-step guide to adding crops to your account, check out this article.
Adding field boundaries
There are two ways to add your field boundaries to FarmQA:
- Draw your fields within FarmQA Controller/Scouting.
- Send your field shapefiles to the FarmQA support staff to import your shapefiles.
Here's a brief overview of how to draw field boundaries in FarmQA Controller:
- In the Map tab, open the slide-out map pane and click the Create fields button.
- Click on the Add polygon button and draw the outline of your field.
- Assign the field to an Organization and give it a Name, then Save your new field.
For a more in-depth step-by-step guide on how to draw your field boundaries, check out this article.
If you have shapefiles of your field boundaries, those can be sent to the FarmQA support staff, and we'll upload them to your account. Please read this article to learn how to format your shapefiles before sending them in.
Assigning crops/varieties to fields
Once you have your fields setup, you can assign the crops and varieties you have setup in your account to them. Here is a brief overview of how to quickly assign a crop or variety to multiple fields:
- Click on the Fields icon.
- Check the boxes on the left-hand side of the field rows you want to add the crop to.
- Click the Assign a crop icon and select the crop/variety you want to assign.
- Click the Assign button to save your changes.
For a more in-depth look at the different ways you can assign crops to a field, check out this article.
Edit a scouting template
FarmQA provides you with default scouting templates for the crops you set for your account when you onboard. These scouting templates can be edited to better fit your scouting needs. Here's a brief overview of how you can edit your scouting templates:
- Click on the Scouting icon, then go to the Templates tab.
- Click on the name of the scouting template you wish to edit.
- Within your template you can Add, Delete, and Editsections and questions to match your needs.
- When you've finished your changes, click the Save icon to update your template.
For a more in-depth guide on how you can edit your scouting templates, check out this article.
Assigning scouting templates to crops
Scouting templates need to be assigned to crops to expedite the process of scouting fields with the Scouting app. Here's a brief overview on how to assign templates to a crop:
- Click on the Settings icon, then find the Crops/varieties tab.
- Find the Crop or Variety you want to add a template to, then click the Edit button on the right-hand side of that crop or varieties row.
- In the Template column, use the dropdown menu to find the template you want to associate with that crop/variety.
- Click the checkmark to save your changes.
For a more thorough step-by-step on how to assign scouting templates to crops, check out this article.
Chemical products can be added to your account to help with writing recommendations. Here's a brief overview on how to add products to your account using the import from EPA feature:
- Click on the Advice icon, then find the Products tab.
- Click on the New product dropdown menu then select the + Import from EPA option.
- Use the search bar to search for a product by its label name or active ingredients.
- Click the Add Products button when you're done.
For a more thorough step-by-step on how to add products to your FarmQA account, check out this article.
Creating a chemical mix
Chemical products loaded into your FarmQA account can be combined into tank mixes that can be used in recommendation writing. Here's a brief overview on how to make a tank mix:
- Click on the Advice icon, then find the Mixes tab.
- Click the New mix button to start making your mix.
- Click the Add products button to start adding products from your product list to your mix. Click the Add button once you've selected all the products you want to add.
- Give your mix a name, then click the Save mix button to save your mix.
For a more thorough walkthrough on how to setup mixes in FarmQA, check out this article.
Write a Recommendation
Once you've added products and created product mixes in your account, you can start writing recommendations. A recommendation can be written from your FarmQA mobile app by doing the following:
- Click the Action button, then choose the Create a recommendation option.
- Associate your recommendation with a Field(s), then add a mix or product(s) to your recommendation.
- Click Save draft if you want to come back and finish your recommendation later or press the Submit button if you're ready to send your recommendation off.
There's a lot of recommendation functionality that we didn't touch on here. Check out this article to learn more about recommendation writing in FarmQA.
Some other things to do:
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions