This article contains instructions on how to setup a FarmQA Controller account. FarmQA Support can be contacted with any questions. A summary of the process is as follows.
Add users -> Add Fields -> Add crops -> Create growing seasons -> assign crops to a growing season -> Assign crops to fields within a growing season
The steps below should be followed to setup a FarmQA Account.
- Add all users to FarmQA Controller by following these instructions.
- Add crops to your enterprise.
- This can be done within "settings"->"Crops". More information can be found in this article
- Note: The "crop" column can be used to input varieties if preferred, then the "master crop" can be used to define the crop. Ex: Burbank (crop), Potato (master crop)
- Create growing seasons
- Go to "settings"->"growing seasons"
- As a general practice a growing season should be created for each calendar year for row crops. Instructions for adding growing seasons can be found here.
- Assign what crops are going to be grown in each growing season.
- This can be done within "settings"->"growing seasons"->"add crops", for more information see this article.
- Add field boundaries to FarmQA via one of the options below.
- Existing digital field boundaries-If you currently have field boundaries saved as a .kml or shapefiles (.shp,.shx, and .dbf files), they can be directly imported to FarmQA Controller by emailing files to FarmQA Support. Read more about the requirements here.
- Drawing field boundaries within FarmQA-Field boundaries can be created on a mobile device by following these instructions, or within FarmQA Controller by following these instructions.
- TIP: This can also be done on a computer by accessing scouting.farmqa.com
- **Steps 7 and 8 need to be completed before this can be done.**
- Drawing field boundaries in 3rd party programs- Digital field boundaries can be created by using programs such as Google Earth or QGIS, then exported into a FarmQA acceptable format. Read about these options in the second half of this document.
- Assign crops to fields within a growing season
- This can be done from the "Map" tab by following this article
Additional scouting steps
If FarmQA Scouting is to be used, the following steps should be completed as well.
- Create scouting templates within FarmQA Controller. Instructions can be found here
- TIP: It is recommended that each master crop get a separate scouting template. After the first template is created it is easiest to use the "duplicate" option for future templates.
- After templates are created they need to be assigned to crops within growing seasons.
- This can be done by following these instructions
- TIP: The same template can be assigned to multiple crops within a growing season. For ex: Russet Burbank, and Ranger Russet can both be assigned a potato template.
- Problem: You do not see the "draw Field" option within the FarmQA Scouting application
- Solution 1: You are not a FarmQA Enterprise administrator. Contact your administrator
- Solution 2: You are viewing a growing season that does not have crops or templates assigned to it. Complete steps 3 through 8.
- Problem: You do not see the "settings" tab
- Solution: You do not have the proper access level. Contact your administrator
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions