Crops and crop varieties can easily be assigned to fields within FarmQA. This feature allows users to track where crops and varieties are planted geographically per season. Assignments can be done from either the field list view or the map view, instructions for both can be found below.
NOTE: crop assignments are done per season, unless they are marked as Perennial.
- Bulk Assigning crops/varieties to fields
- Individual crop assignments to fields
- List view crop assignments
Bulk Assigning crops/Varieties to fields
- Log in to your FarmQA from the web app as an enterprise administrator.
- NOTE: only an enterprise administrator can assign crops and varieties to fields. If you are not an enterprise administrator, pass these instructions on to them.
- Make sure you're on the Map tab, then expand the map details by selecting the slide out pane.
- Under the ACTIONS header, select Assign crop to field at the bottom of the screen (pictured below).
- Note: Crops will need to be added to the enterprise before this step will be possible. Please follow this link if crops are not yet added.
- Select a crop you would like to bulk assign, then navigate the map and multi-select the fields that should get the selected crop.
- Next click the Assign button to finalize assignments. Now a second crop can be selected and the process can be repeated (pictured below).
Individual crop assignments in Map view
- Log in to FarmQA from the web app if you already aren't and select the desired growing season.
- Click on a field from the map view, and click the Assign button in the map side pane.
- NOTE: If there is already a crop assigned and you are looking to change the assignment. Click the Edit field icon instead (pictured below).
- Select the desired crop from the drop down menu and click Save to assign your crop (pictured below).
Crop assignments from field view
- Log in to FarmQA account from the web app if you already aren't and select the desired growing season.
- Navigate to the Fields tab, then multi-select the fields that need a crop assignment using the left hand column.
- Click on the Assign crops button in the upper right-hand side of the screen (pictured below).
- Select the crop you want to assign from the Assign crop to fields dropdown menu. If your desired crop is not in the FarmQA database, you can assign the field to Other.
- Click the Assign button to save your changes.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions