Account administrators have the ability to add new users to an enterprise within FarmQA. Admins can also set the new user's role within the organization during this process. Follow the instructions below to learn how to add new users to your enterprise and set their role.
Breakdown of role access per user
The following is a brief description of the roles that can be assigned to users in FarmQA:
Enterprise Administrator: This is the highest level of access a user can be assigned within FarmQA Controller. Enterprise Administrators can complete any and all tasks within the system. This role should be assigned to the FarmQA product owner.
Agronomist: Users with Agronomist permissions have nearly the same functionality as Enterprise Administrators, except that they don't have the ability to access account management tools like using the Planet Labs subscription. Agronomists can also be assigned access to a specific level of your organization. For example, in a company that has three different locations, an Agronomist can be assigned to one of the three locations yet have full functionality.
Grower: Grower roles are likely to be assigned to the growers in your organization, as the name implies. Growers are able to assign planting and harvest dates to fields, as well as submit scouting reports. They are also able to view data in FarmQA.
Crop Scout: This role is for users that will only use FarmQA for crop scouting. Users can create and submit scouting reports but have view only access to FarmQA.
Standard User: Most users in your organization will be assigned a Standard User role. Standard Users can view all data in Controller, but cannot edit or add new data like fields, users, growing seasons, or scouting templates. Standard Users can also submit scouting reports.
Driver: This role is designed for users who will be delivering and/or applying products like seed or chemicals to a field. Users with the Driver permission are able to complete Recommendations and Tasks that are assigned to them. They are also able to view data in the levels of your account that they have access to.
Viewer: A viewer is someone who can login and see fields, scouting reports, and recommendations that have been submitted to the branch they are assigned. The most common use case for the viewer role is if FarmQA is being used as a grower portal for growers. In this case they can have free access to see reports but cannot do anything else. This role may also be well suited for office staff.
Adding a new user
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app as an enterprise administrator and access the desired enterprise.
- NOTE: only account administrators can add new users. If you are not an account administrator, please forward these instructions to them.
- Click on the Settings icon, then navigate to the Users tab.
- Take the following steps:
- Click the blue "+" icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Add new user dialogue box, fill in the user's Email, Full name, and set their Password. The generate password needs to include at least 6 characters, including a letter, number, special character, upper case, and lower case letter.
- NOTE: the new user can change their password once they have access to their account.
- Set the new user's Role and the Organization they fall under using the corresponding drop down menus at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Click Save to complete the process of adding the new user.
Assign a role to a user
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app as an enterprise administrator.
- NOTE: only enterprise administrators can add and edit role assignments. If you are not an enterprise administrator, pass these instructions on to them.
- Go to Settings , then click on the Organization tab.
- Select the organization level you want to access and then click the Security tab.
- Select the user for which to set the Role.
- Under the User Permissions Details header in the right-hand pane, click the Role dropdown menu to choose a role to assign.
- You have the option to apply the role assignment to all levels under the selected organization. To do this, check the Apply permission to all levels below <organization name> box as shown in the screenshot below.
- The PERMISSION SUMMARY window indicates what the user has permission to see.
Changing a user's role
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you aren't already.
- Click on the Settings icon, then click on the Users tab.
- Select on the user you want to change permissions for and go to the Permissions section.
- In the Permissions section, browse over the user's name and click the Edit icon (pictured below).
- Use the Role dropdown menu to select the role for your user. When you're done, click the Save icon next to the user's name.