Any map-based layer that is meaningful to you can be uploaded and displayed in FarmQA. Layers are first uploaded in the FarmQA web app as KML/KMZ, GeoTiff, or Shapefiles, and are then visible from the FarmQA web app or mobile app. See further details below.
NOTE: If you haven't added map layers see this article
Viewing Map Layers in the FarmQA mobile app
After following these instructions to add map layers they can be viewed on the mobile app by following the steps below.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the mobile app.
- Click on Settings in the bottom right-hand corner, then Layer sync preferences (pictured below).
- Select the map layer types you want to download to your mobile application (ex: Soils Data).
- Click the back arrow button at the upper left-hand side of the screen to automatically sync these data layers to your FarmQA mobile app.
- NOTE: it is best to do this with a stable data connection or while on WiFi.
- THIS MAY TAKE AWHILE TO SYNC as we are pulling data down to your phone.
- After the layers are Synced, you can view them from the Field Details view. Do this by locating a field from the map or list view and clicking on it.
- Next, pull up on the drawer handle at the bottom of the screen and toggle on the layer you want to view (see below)
- NOTE: you can only view one layer at a time.
- NOTE: If you are unable to swipe up on the details, that could mean that 1) you do not have layers for the field, 2) you are in the wrong growing season, or 3) the sync has not completed.
Viewing Map Layers in the FarmQA web app
After following these instructions to add map layers, then can be viewed in the FarmQA web app by following these steps
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Click on the field containing the layer you want to see.
- NOTE: make sure you are in the correct growing season to view your data layer.
- Click on the layer that you want to view for your selected field. Find this under the LAYERS header in the field information pane on the left-hand side of the screen.
Viewing Layer attributes
After displaying the desired map layer, it can be clicked on to view the map layer attributes.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you aren't already.
- Turn on your desired data layer.
- On the Map view click on individual features of the layer to see details.
- The most common use cases are viewing soil results as a layer or zone attributes as seen below.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions