Any map based layer that is meaningful to you can be uploaded and displayed in FarmQA. Layers are first uploaded in FarmQA Controller as KML/KMZ, GeoTiff, or Shapefiles, and are then visible from a computer or FarmQA Mobile. See further details below.
NOTE: If you haven't added map layers see this article
- Viewing map layers - FarmQA Scouting
- Viewing map layers - FarmQA Controller
- Viewing layer attributes
Viewing Map Layers - FarmQA Scouting
After following these instructions to add map layers they can be viewed on the mobile app by following the steps below.
- Login to FarmQA Scouting
- Click on "Settings" in the bottom right-hand corner, then "Layer sync preferences" (see below)
- Select the map layer types you want to download to your mobile application (ex: Soils Data)
- Click the back arrow button at the upper left-hand side of the screen to automatically sync these data layers to your FarmQA Scouting app.
- NOTE: it is best to do this with a stable data connection or while on WiFi.
- THIS MAY TAKE AWHILE TO SYNC as we are pulling data down to your phone.
- After the layers are Synced you can view them from the field details view. Do this by locating a field from the map or list view
- Next, pull up on the drawer handle at the bottom of the screen and toggle on the layer you want to view (see below)
- NOTE: you can only view one layer at a time.
- NOTE: If you are unable to swipe up on the details, that could mean that 1) you do not have layers for the field, 2) you are in the wrong growing season, or 3) the sync has not completed.
Viewing Map Layers - FarmQA Controller
After following these instructions to add map layers, then can be viewed on FarmQA Controller by following these steps
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on the field containing the layer you want to see
- NOTE: make sure you are in the correct growing season to view your data layer.
- Click on the layer that you want to view for your selected field. Find this under the LAYERS header in the field information pane on the left hand side of the screen.
Viewing Layer attributes
After displaying the layer it can be clicked on to view the map layer attributes.
- Turn on your desired data layer.
- On the Map view click on individual features of the layer to see details.
- The most common use cases are viewing soil results as a layer or zone attributes as seen below.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions