Any map-based layer that is meaningful to you can be uploaded and displayed in FarmQA. Layers are first uploaded in the FarmQA web app as KML/KMZ, GeoTiff, or Shapefiles, and are then visible from the FarmQA web app or mobile app. See further details below.
NOTE: If you haven't added map layers see this article
Viewing Map Layers in the FarmQA mobile app
After following these instructions to add map layers they can be viewed on the mobile app by following the steps below.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the mobile app.
- Click on Settings in the bottom right-hand corner, then Layer sync preferences (pictured below).
- Select the map layer types you want to download to your mobile application (ex: Soils Data).
- Click the back arrow button at the upper left-hand side of the screen to automatically sync these data layers to your FarmQA mobile app.
- NOTE: it is best to do this with a stable data connection or while on WiFi.
- THIS MAY TAKE AWHILE TO SYNC as we are pulling data down to your phone.
- After the layers are Synced, you can view your map layer from your field while scouting. To do this, locate your field in the Fields page.
- Within the field, complete the following steps to view your map layer (pictured below):
- Click the Map Layers button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- In the Layers page, check the box next to the map layer you want to turn on.
- Click the X button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to leave the Layers page.
- You'll now see your map layer loaded in your field.
Viewing Map Layers in the FarmQA web app
After following these instructions to add map layers, then can be viewed in the FarmQA web app by following these steps
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you haven't already.
- Click on the field containing the layer you want to see.
- NOTE: make sure you are in the correct growing season to view your data layer.
- Click on the layer that you want to view for your selected field. Find this under the LAYERS header in the field information pane on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now that the layer is displayed, you'll be able to view the data in the map layer by clicking on the map. A text box displaying this information will appear in the map pane (pictured below).
View map layers across multiple fields at the same time
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Click out on the slide-out map pane and click the Show layers for multiple fields button (pictured below).
- Complete the following steps to start the process of viewing imagery for multiple fields (pictured below):
- Use the Select layer dropdown menu to choose the layer you want to see images from.
- Toggle on the Include images from the inactive seasons switch if you want to view data from all seasons in your account.
- Click the Select fields button and start clicking on the fields you want to view data for.
- Selected fields will be colored a translucent white so you can quickly visually identify the fields you'll be viewing data for.
- Click the Stop selecting fields button after you've selected the fields you want to view map layers for.
- You'll now be able to view your selected map layer images for your selected fields. If you selected a time-based layer, you'll be able to use the time slider at the bottom of the screen to adjust the date you're viewing imagery on for all selected fields (pictured below).