GK Technology files can be manually uploaded to your FarmQA account as map layers. Additionally, if the file contains a GKT_VAF file within the Shapefile it will be used to style the image automatically. This results in the layer appearing just as it did within ADMS. Check out the instructions below to learn more about how to add these files to your FarmQA account.
NOTE: For more basic instruction on how to add map layers see this article.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Click on a field from the Map tab of FarmQA that you wish to upload a layer to.
- Expand the LAYERS section and click the Add layer button.
- Select the layer folder the image associates to (imagery, soil samples, zones etc.)
- NOTE: If you do not see the right category go to Settings >Map Layers.
- Finally drag and drop or search your computer for the appropriate GK file to complete the upload process.
- Notice the image now appears in FarmQA just as it did within GK, if not see the troubleshooting section below.
- See this article for more details on viewing map layers. Or this article for more details on the upload process.
If the image/layer does not appear as it should attempt the troubleshooting options below.
- The uploaded image must be a Shapefile
- You can only upload a single layer at a time. Ex: you cannot upload a soil sampling layer and yield map at the same time.
- Open the shapefile on your computer and confirm it contains a GKT_VAF file as one of the enclosed files (see an example in the screenshot above)
- If the file does contain a .GKT file but it does not appear the same, that means you did not define which attributes to style based on within GK before exporting. Revert back to GK, style the file the way you would like, then export again to Shapefile.
- Contact support if these options did not help.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions