FarmQA has added support for GK Technology files to be manually uploaded to FarmQA as layers. Additionally, if the file contains a GKT_VAF file within the Shapefile it will be used to style the image automatically. This results in the layer appearing just as it did within ADMS. For additional details see the instructions below.
**For more basic instruction on how to add map layers see this article**
Import GK/ADMS layers to FarmQA
Follow the steps below to upload a GK layer to FarmQA.
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on a field from the Map tab of FarmQA that you wish to upload a layer to.
- Next expand the layer section and click the "add layer" button
- Select the layer folder the image associates to (imagery, soil samples, zones etc.)
- If you do not see the right category go to settings->Map layers
- Finally drag and drop, or search your computer for the appropriate GK file to complete the upload process.
- Notice the image now appears in FarmQA just as it did within GK, if not see the troubleshooting section below.
- See this article for more details on viewing map layers. Or this article for more details on the upload process.
If the image/layer does not appear as it should attempt the troubleshooting options below.
- The uploaded image must be a Shapefile
- You can only upload a single layer at a time. Ex: you cannot upload a soil sampling layer and yield map at the same time.
- Open the shapefile on your computer and confirm it contains a .GKT_VAF file as one of the enclosed files (see an example in the screenshot above)
- If the file does contain a .GKT file but it does not appear the same, that means you did not define which attributes to style based on within GK before exporting. Revert back to GK, style the file the way you would like, then export again to Shapefile.
- Contact support if these options did not help.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions