Scouting templates are one of the many tools that makes FarmQA such a powerful and versatile farm management platform. Even if your needs change, your templates can be edited to change with them. Editing a copied template is also an easy and efficient way to create similar templates for multiple crops, especially if you're scouting for similar pests and weeds across your operation. Check out the article below to learn more about editing your scouting templates, as well as how to copy your existing templates.
Copying an existing scouting template
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Click on the Scouting icon on the left-hand side of the screen. Then click on the Templates tab.
- Click on the template you wish to copy.
- Click the Duplicate template button in the top right-hand corner of the screen and edit accordingly (pictured below).
Editing scouting templates
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you aren't already.
- Click on the Scouting icon on the left-hand side of the screen, then click on the Templates tab.
- Select the template you wish to edit (pictured below).
NOTE: The list of templates can be sorted and filtered by name, crop and modified date. Filtering is done by using the "search" box in the top right corner.
- After clicking on the name of the template you wish to edit, the scouting template editor will open.
- Navigate to the section that contains the question you want to edit, the click on the desired question.
- NOTE: you can edit the title of a section by clicking on the Edit icon next to the section title.
- After the question is selected, desired changes can be made within the pane on the right-hand side of the screen (pictured below).
- To edit the name or remove entire sections, click the header followed by the Edit icon to edit, or the Delete icon to delete (see below).
- When you are finished making edits make sure to click the Save button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- NOTE: Saving will automatically apply the changes made to all fields associated to this template immediately.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions