FarmQA allows users to add crop varieties under crops within FarmQA Controller. Crop varieties can be assigned to fields and fields can be colored based on crop variety. Step-by-step instructions for adding crop varieties and coloring fields by crop variety can be found below.
Adding crop varieties
- Log in to your FarmQA Controller account as an enterprise administrator.
- NOTE: only enterprise administrators can add crop varieties. If you are not an enterprise administrator, pass these instructions onto them.
- Click on the "Settings" icon on the left-hand side of the screen, then navigate to the "Crops/varieties" tab.
- Scroll your cursor over the crop you wish to add a variety to. Click on the "+" button to add a crop variety (see below).
- Fill in the "Name" and any "Notes" you have relating to the crop variety you wish to add.
- Finally select the "Add variety" to create your new variety.
Coloring fields by crop variety
- Log in to your FarmQA Controller account if you aren't already.
- Click on the sidebar arrow on the "Map" page, then select the "Color by variety" option under the "FIELD COLOR" header.
- Crop varieties will automatically be colored using the same color as their mastercrop. To change the crop variety color, navigate back to the "Crops/varieties" tab in "Settings" and select the crop variety you want to edit.
- Click the box in the "Color" column for the variety who's color you want to edit. Set your desired color, select the check button on the right hand of the row to save your changes (pictured below).
- Now when "Color by variety" is selected, your fields will display unique colors.
- Note that the map legend will also be updated to show the acreage and field totals per variety with the map toggle
Viewing varieties in a list view
In the fields tab there is a column listing the varieties in each of the fields. This list can then be sorted by varieties or grouped. See further information below.
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on the Fields tab in the top left
- From this view notice there is a column listing the varieties per field. From this view the column can be clicked on to sort the list by variety name.
- Additionally, the search box in the top right can be used to search for a specific variety.
- Finally, the entire list page can be grouped by varieties by clicking the group by drop down in the top right (see below). Then selecting variety
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions