FarmQA has designed a powerful, yet user friendly, mobile scouting application. The mobile app can be used by all levels of a farming operation to quickly and efficiently capture field conditions throughout the growing season. Below are instructions on how to use the FarmQA scouting application
FarmQA Scouting Instructions
- The FarmQA scouting app can be downloaded from either the AppStore, or the Google Play store.
- Log in- At the start of the program, you need to log in using your credentials from FarmQA. If you do not have credentials click "Request Demo" at the login page.
- Find a field to scout- after you sign in to the scouting application, a list of nearby fields and in progress reports are shown
- You can also switch between the current work (home) all fields (fields) and the map (Map) of fields. These only show fields with a scouting template assigned within FarmQA Controller.
Add an Observation
- Start a new report by tapping on the field to scout. This can be done by using either the “Fields” (list view), or the “Map” (graphical view) tab.
- After clicking on the field, the user will be presented with a map of the field and will see their current location.
- To start a new observation, tap on a location in the field. The user will be presented with the scouting template ready to be answered.
- FarmQA Scouting supports 2 ways of doing crop observations.
- Single location- some scouts like to only record 1 observation for each This can be done by clicking on the map once, completing the template, then submitting the report.
- Multiple locations- Other scouts like to record multiple locations. To do a 2nd or 3rd observation, just tap the back arrow until you are looking at the map of the field and tap anywhere to start a new observation.
Add a Question
- Tap on a question(left-hand side)
- Provide an answer to the question(right-hand side)
- Tap the back arrow to go back to the full question list
Provide location information
- For many questions, a user can also provide more detailed location information. Just answer the question, then tap on the "DRAW ON MAP" button or “TAKE A PHOTO” button.
- The map is now expanded, and the user can choose from 4 different tools: line, shape, point and trash. Tap on the shape tool (Left-hand picture)
- While in the line and shape tool, tapping on the map will place a new point. To complete working with the tool, tap the checkmark icon in the upper right.
- When you're done drawing shapes, tap the X icon in the upper left to close the draw on map feature.
- You can also tag a photo to an observation by click on the “take a photo” button, taking a picture, then clicking the “use photo” option.
Submit a Report
- To submit a report, simply tap the check icon in the upper right when you're viewing the map of the field. The user may have to use the back button to get back to this point.
Resume an In-Progress Report
- There may be times when a user can't submit a report right way. In these cases, just tap the back button until you are at the home page.
- To pick back up on an in-progress report, simply tap on the report.
- Note: “in progress reports” can also be viewed and completed without connectivity.
Start an Adhoc report
- There are times when a user may need to scout a field that is not defined in the FarmQA For this case, a user needs to start an adhoc report. Starting an adhoc report can be done by tapping the action button with the “+” icon on the lower right of the home page.
- The user will need to supply a field name or description and choose a template to use.
- Everything is identical to starting a new report, except there will be no field boundary shown.
- There are times where the fields a user plans to scout are not within range of a cell tower. In this case, a user needs to start the scouting reports while they have coverage.
- Just tap on each of the fields to start a report, then click the back arrow. After doing this the field will be listed in the in progress list.
- When the user gets to the field, they just resume the in-progress report.
- After the cell phone that is used gets back to a region with cell coverage, the user will then be able to submit the scouting reports.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions