After map drawings are created within FarmQA Scouting they can be viewed as a time based map layer. This allows a user to easily see problem areas over a season and return to those spots in future visits. See the instructions below for additional details.
To use this feature a time based map layer needs to be created to house the drawings. Then you need to designate that layer to be used for map drawing uploads within FarmQA Controller. See the steps below.
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on the Settings tab on the left-hand side of the screen, then select Map layers
- Create a new map layer called Scouting Drawings or something similar to that, then set the layer type to time based. Do this by clicking the plus button in the bottom-right corner
- If needed, see this article for more details on how to create map layers
- Next click on the Organization->Details tab within settings and scroll to the scouting section. Next locate the scouting drawings map layer within the "Use a map layer to show drawings from scouting reports" drop down (See below)
- Only account administrators can turn this feature on.
- If you do not see your scouting drawing layer that means it either wasn't save or it wasn't set to be a time based map layer, revisit previous steps.
- Setup is now complete
Creating map drawings
Within the FarmQA Scouting application any user can create map drawings by following the directions below.
- Open FarmQA Scouting
- Create a new scouting report by clicking on a field, then tap on the field to add an observation
- Next answer a question that should receive a drawing, then click the three vertical dots next to the question (see below)
- Click the draw on map option to create the drawing
- Finally, use the map drawing tools at the top of the screen to notate.
- This is done by selecting a tool (it will highlight in blue) then clicking on the map.
Viewing map drawings over time
After the setup and creation steps are complete, follow the steps below for viewing the map images overtime.
- Access FarmQA Scouting or FarmQA Controller, depending on if you want a mobile or web based viewing experience
- Click on a field that contains map drawings
- NOTE: drawings will not backfill prior to assigning a layer in the Setup.
- Toggle on the Scouting Drawings layer, or whatever you named the layer in step one
- Then use the slider at the bottom to view layers over time. Note their will be a pip/vertical line denoting where in the timeline drawings are located.
- NOTE: If you do not see the Scouting Drawings map layer appear on the field that means there is not a scouting report submitted with a drawing on that field since this feature was turned on.
- NOTE: If you see the Scouting Drawings map layer option but do not see content on the map. It could be related to the time window you have set in the bottom right-hand corner of your map (Ex: "PAST 30 DAYS" in the screenshot above)
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions