Accurate and consistent field scouting in important to being able to manage your fields. FarmQA allows you to do this by setting locations when you or your scouts make scouting observations. These locations can also be easily navigated to from the scouting app as well. Check out the article below to learn more about how to setup and navigate to points set with your scouting locations.
Enabling points to be set at scouting locations
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Click on the Settings icon on the left-hand side, then click on the Organization tab.
- Scroll to the Scouting section and toggle on the option for Automatically generate scouting locations from observations (pictured below).
Creating points by filling out scouting reports
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the mobile app.
- Find the field you want to create scouting locations in from either the MAP or LIST tab.
- Scout the field at your desired locations as you normally would.
- Review your scouting location points before clicking Submit (pictured below).
Returning to scouting locations
- Log in to your FarmQA mobile app if you haven't yet.
- Select the field you want to scout from either the MAP or LIST view.
- Click on Settings and then click on Sync Preferences. Use the Days to show past scouted locations textbox to set the timeframe you want past scouting locations to be loaded in as scouting locations (pictured below).
- Once you've set your timeframe, go back to the Settings page and click on Layer sync preferences . Scroll down until you find the Scouting Locations layer and check the box to the left of it (pictured below).
- After the layer has synced to your app, go back to the Fields tab and click on the field with the scouting locations you want to navigate to.
- Once you've clicked on the field, click on the Layer button and check the box next to the Scouting point layer. You'll now be able to see your previous scouting locations in that field (pictured below).