FarmQA has a built-in corn yield estimator within FarmQA Scouting. This will automatically do a yield calculation based on several ear count inputs along with a plant population value. See the instructions for more details.
Settings up a corn yield estimator question
- Login to FarmQA controller
- Click the "scouting" tab on the left-hand side, then "Templates"
- Select your corn template (or any template you would like the question added to)
- See this article for more general details on editing templates
- Locate the section you would like to place the yield estimator question. Additionally, it can be added to a new section.
- Click the add question button and select "corn yield estimator"
- NOTE- if you do not see this option it is because you do not have corn as a crop within your crop list.
- Note that you can create multiple yield estimator questions to accommodate doing multiple assessments in a field. Make sure to give each assessment a unique name (see below)
- Make sure to save the template in the top-right when complete.
Entering the corn yield estimator inputs
- Open FarmQA Scouting
- Locate and tap on a corn field to scout and add an observation
- See this article for basic instructions on how to add an observation
- Locate the newly created yield estimator questions, click on one of them to enter values (see below)
- Note- if you do not see the question make sure to sync within the "settings" tab of the app
- Keep in mind that you can adjust the default values on the scouting template within FarmQA Controller.
Corn yield estimator output
- If you would like a single average values across all yield estimates it is required that it is done at as a single input per observation locations. For example, in the report below you see
- Export the report to PDF and see the calculations per location along with an average for the field.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions