FarmQA supports the ability for you to add legal descriptions to your field. This can be useful when you need to report information to certain legal entities or insurance companies, but it can also be helpful for building a more complete and robust record of what's been happening in your fields. Check out the article below to learn more about how to assign legal description information to your fields.
Adding legal descriptions to fields already in your account
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Find the field you want to edit from the Map tab.
- Click on the field you want to edit, then click on the Edit Field button in the slide-out map pane.
- Click on the icon on the right-hand side of the Legal description textbox and the legal description for your field will populate automatically (pictured below).
- Click the Save button to save the changes to your field information.
Adding legal descriptions to fields you want to import to your account
FarmQA allows for legal descriptions to be assigned to your fields when they are uploaded to your FarmQA account. All you need to do is have an attribute in your field's shapefile that describes what the legal description is for your fields. Contact FarmQA support if you have any questions related to getting legal description information into your FarmQA account.