Being able to repeatedly scout the same location in a field is critical to collecting meaningful agronomic data. We understand that this is a significant part of a lot of operations, which is why we've incorporated point layers for your soil sampling, general scouting, and insect trap locations. These location layers are easy to use and setup. Check out the article below to learn more about point layer functionality in the FarmQA web and mobile apps.
Setting up points from the FarmQA web app
This step-by-step guide will show you how to add points to the insect trap point layer in FarmQA. This process can be repeated to add points to any point layer in the app.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- In the Map tab, click on the slide out map pane.
- Under the POINTS header, click on the Edit icon next to Insect trap locations (pictured below).
- Drag a folder with your zipped point shapefiles into the Edit pins window. You can also click on the window and browse your computer to find your point files (pictured below).
- Click on the Use shape file attributes as pin name dropdown menu to set the names for your insect trap locations. Also, if your points are in the wrong location, you can click the Move existing points button to drag them to where they need to be (pictured below).
- Click the blue Upload button to finish uploading your points layers.
- Your insect traps will be denoted by purple Insect icons when you toggle on the Insect trap locations map layer. Clicking on the location will also give you Latitude and Longitude points of the trap (pictured below).
- NOTE: soil sample locations are denoted by the icon and scouting locations are denoted by the icon.
Adding points from the FarmQA mobile app
- Log into your FarmQA account from the mobile app.
- Find a field you want to add an insect trap to from either the MAP or FIELDS tab.
- Click on the spot in the field where you want to add your insect trap pin. In the field edit window, click on Drop pin at location .
- Select your desired pin type, then enter the Pin name/ID and Pin description. This information will then be associated with that point (pictured below).
- When you're done, click the SAVE PIN button. Your pin will then be added to your desired points layer.
Accessing point layers from the FarmQA mobile app
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the mobile app.
- Make sure that your app is synced up with your account by going to Settings and clicking the Sync now button.
- Once your app is synced up, click on the field in the MAP view and drag up on the bottom menu. Check the box next to Insect trap locations and your traps will appear in the field (pictured below).
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you aren't already yet.
- In the slide-out map pane, turn on the point layer you want to delete points from under the POINTS header.
- Find the point you want to delete and click on the point. In the window that pops up, click on the Delete icon to delete the point (pictured below).
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions