Field boundaries can be split within FarmQA Controller by following the instructions below. The value of using the Split tool opposed to editing and adding a new field is that data from past seasons stays tied together with the split tool. The split feature is still in BETA therefore you have to use This link to access it. This ensures that users read these instructions to understand the limitations of the feature as it is today. Below are further instructions.
** the split tool will split the field programmatically to create to halves with as close to 50% field size as possible. A split can only be made to fields that have a crop assigned. The split CANNOT be undone within FarmQA.**
- Login to FarmQA Controller using This link. If you do not use the BETA link you WILL NOT see the split tool.
- Locate the field you wish to split from the map view and click on it
- Select the "More" option, then note the location of the "split"
- NOTE- the field will be automatically split to generate to equal sized halves, this process cannot be undone within FarmQA
- After you split the field, use the edit function to drag points around to the correct field shape
- Hint- If you do not like the split location you can un-assign the crop from the field and reassign it to the white master boundary to get the inital shape back. If doing this, remember to delete the half of the field you do no plan to keep. This will be the half WITHOUT data in it from the previous year
- You can easily confirm which boundary to delete as it will say "new" in the name
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions