Within FarmQA Controller a user can create field boundaries through the use of drawing tools. This allows users to digitally map their farm and manage fields that were previously not in FarmQA Controller.
- Open FarmQA Controller and Login using your FarmQA Credentials.
- After successfully logging in click on the "Map" icon in the top left-hand corner, then zoom to the location of the fields that are to be added.
- Next click the arrow icon in the top left-hand corner to display the Map action pane (see below)
- Select the "Create Fields" option at the bottom of the screen (see below)
- To create a field first select what level of the organization the field should be associated to.
- Typically this will be a Farm or sub-division of a farm
- Next click the "+ Add Field" button
- On the following screen type in the field name and associate a crop to the field (these can both be changed later if needed)
- Next move the vertices to the corners of the field. This can be done by dragging each point.
- Note:if the middle vertices are clicked, more vertices will be created. This is useful for more complex field shapes.
- Note: Right clicking any vertices will delete it
- After you are satisfied with the shape click "Done"
- You can now either add additional fields by clicking the "+ Add Fields" icon, or complete the process by clicking "save all fields" at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
- The field can be deleted if a mistake is made. This is done by clicking the trash can to the right of the field name
Troubleshooting: If the field you just created does not show up in the scouting application, it is likely because there is no scouting template assigned to the crop grown in that field. See this article on how to create new templates.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions