Within the FarmQA Scouting Application a user can create field boundaries. This allows users to digitally map their farm and scout fields that were previously not in FarmQA Controller.
- The FarmQA scouting app can be downloaded from either the AppStore, or the Google Play store.
- Open the application and Log in using your FarmQA Credentials. If you do not have a login click "Request Demo" at the login page.
- After successfully logging in, click on the "Map" icon in the bottom right-hand corner, then zoom and locate the field that is to be added.
- Next click the "Draw a field" icon in the bottom righ-hand corner
- Note: the "draw a field" icon will only appear if a) an active growing season is selected in the app. and b) a scouting template has been assigned to the crops within the enterprise. See this article for instructions on how to assign a template to a crop.
- On the next screen move the vertices to the correct location of the field corners.
- Note:if the middle vertices are clicked, more vertices will be created. This is useful for more complex field shapes.
- The field can be deleted if a mistake is made. This is done by clicking the trash can in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- After the shape is adjusted properly the "finish field" icon can be clicked.
- Next the field needs to be named and have a crop template assigned. See the left screenshot below.
- Note: if there is not a template for the crop grown in the field, see this article on how to create new templates.
- After this is done the "save" button can be clicked. On the following screen you will see the completed field that was created. See the right screenshot.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions