Within the FarmQA Scouting Application a user can create field boundaries. This allows users to digitally map their farm and scout fields that were previously not in FarmQA Controller.
- The FarmQA scouting app can be downloaded from either the AppStore, or the Google Play store.
- Open the application and Log in using your FarmQA Credentials. If you do not have a login click "Sign up" at the login page.
- On the "Map", click the "+" and then click the "+ Field" to add a field.
- Note: If the "+" is disabled, verify that you set an active growing season and that a scouting template has been assigned to the crops. See this article for instructions on how to assign a template to a crop.
- A default field displays, move the vertices to the correct location of the field corners.
- Note: If the middle vertices are clicked, more vertices will be created. This is useful for more complex field shapes.
- The field can be deleted if a mistake is made. This is done by clicking the 'X' in the lower right corner of the screen.
- After the shape is adjusted properly, click the check mark in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the "Field name" and "Crop" for the field.
- Note: To add additional crops to the drop-down list, see this article on how to add crops.
- Click the "Save field" button. On the "Map", the field that was created displays.
- Note: Fields can also be created on a computer within FarmQA Controller by following these instructions.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions