Within the FarmQA Scouting app a user can create field boundaries. This allows users to digitally map their farm and scout fields that were previously not in FarmQA Controller.
- Log in to your FarmQA scouting app.
- On the "Fields" -> "Map" tab, click the "+" and then click the "New Field +" to add a field.
- NOTE: If the "+" is disabled, first check that you are online. Next, verify that you have an active growing season and that a scouting template has been assigned to at least one crop. For more information on assigning a template to a crop, see the step-by-step instructions here.
- The App is now in create field mode. The "?" in the top right will display what mode of the drawing tools you are in along with instruction for each step.
- Adjust the map to the right location and zoom level.
- Select a polygon or circle drawing tool that best suits the field boundary.
- Tap the corners of a field, or drag your finger around the boundary to create the shape. Complete the shape by clicking on the first point again.
- Note: You can remove the in-progress shape and start over by clicking the close box "X".
- Click "Add field" at the bottom when the shape is complete.
- Enter the "Field name" and "Crop" for the field.
- NOTE: To add additional crops to the drop-down list, see this article on how to add crops.
- Click the "Add field" button again after all information is added. The newly created field will now be visible on the "Map" tab.
- NOTE: Fields can also be created on a computer within FarmQA Controller by following these instructions.
Creating Multi-polygon fields
- Repeat steps 1-4 above to create the first polygon
- Before clicking "Add field", select the polygon tool again (see below)
- Draw a second shape and click the first vertice again to close it.
- NOTE: the boundaries cannot overlap each other.
- Repeat this process for more complex shapes
- Click "Add field" when completed.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions