Recommendations written in FarmQA can be edited to only apply to a specific part of a field. Think of partial field recommendations as a way to recommend spot spraying for a weed or pest to one of your growers. Partial field recommendations have the added functionality of automatically recalculating the total amount of product needed to complete the recommendation based on the area that needs to be sprayed. Check out the instructions below to learn how to write a partial field recommendation from the FarmQA web app and mobile app.
FarmQA web app
- Log in to the FarmQA web app, then click on the Advice icon.
- In the Recommendations tab, click on the New recommendation button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to start writing your recommendation.
- NOTE: read the article to learn more about writing recommendations in FarmQA.
- Click the Customize field details button once you've selected the field(s) you want to apply your recommendation to (pictured below).
- In the Customize field details page, set the Area within the field to apply the recommendation to as well as any specific Instructions for spraying (pictured below).
- Check the boxes in the Custom area column to select the fields you want to adjust the area of application for.
- Click the Back button when you're done setting custom areas, then click the Add button to submit your recommendation.
FarmQA mobile app
- Log in to the FarmQA mobile app, then click on the Advice icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the blue button to start writing your recommendation.
- NOTE: read this article to learn more about writing recommendations in the FarmQA mobile app.
- Click the Edit field details button to edit the fields that your recommendation will be applied to (pictured below).
- In the Edit field details page, click on the field that you want to edit the area for.
- Set the Area within the field to apply the recommendation to as well as any specific Instructions for spraying for each field you want to edit (pictured below).
- Press the Done button when you've finished making your edits, then click the Submit button to submit your recommendation.
Partial recommendation product totals
Partial field recommendations will display the product total needed to complete the recommendation based on the partial area you entered in the recommendation. An example of how this will look in your completed recommendation is pictured below.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions