Within FarmQA a user can write product recommendations. This can be done through 1) creating a list of products 2) combining products into common tank mixes and then 3) writing recommendations using individual products or the pre-made tank mixes. Completed recommendations will be stored within FarmQA Controller and can optionally be sent to growers or other internal users as a PDF. For instructions, see below.
Step 1- Creating Products
The first phase of recommendation writing is creating a list of products that will be used in a given season. Products can be added via an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) look up, imported through a spreadsheet, or manually added within FarmQA. Summary steps are below, detailed steps can be found here.
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on the Rx- Advice icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Next click on the "Products" tab at the top of the screen, then select how you would like to add the products (see below)
- New Product- This is a manual process of entering all information about a product
- Import from the EPA- an EPA number is required, after which the product details will automatically be filled in.
- Import from spreadsheet- see instructions here
- FarmQA can capture the information shown below per product, only the name is required.
- Note: The rate shown on this page is a default value, and can be changed in the final recommendation.
- Note: the unit picker can be set by region within settings if you don't see the units you are looking for. We support US, Canadian, and European unit groups.
Step 2- Creating Tank Mixes (optional)
After products are added, they can be combined into common tank mixes and saved by crop. This makes it easier to write recommendations in-season while using the app. See steps below.
- Within the Advice tab click on Mixes
- From this screen you can search, sort, and filter existing mixes along with editing them.
- Additionally, you can create new mixes with the New mix button in the top right-hand corner (see below)
- To create a new mix, start by giving it a name.
- This is open ended but examples could be- "post emergence weed mix" or "Peas - white mold suppression"
- Next, include instructions, these will be used to populate the Recommendation note section in the final step.
- Click Add product, which will bring up a list of products that can be searched and filtered down. Multi-select and click Select within the product list after finding the products to combine.
- Note the mix order is the order the products are shown in the list. They can be re-ordered using drag and drop.
- Finally, the product details can be edited in the right-hand pane. For example, adjust the rate and then click save.
Step 3- Writing Recommendations
The final step in the process is to actually write the recommendation within FarmQA Scouting. This can be done by following the steps below.
- Open FarmQA Scouting
- Recommendations can either be started from 1) the field list view 2) the action "+" button on the map tab, or 3) the action "+" button on the advice tab
- After entering the create recommendation screen, you can do the following things:
- Field- by default the field you selected from the map or list will be associated to the recommendation. You can also select other fields to group into the recommendation.
- Products- you can choose a mix to apply to the recommendation or add products individually. After selecting a mix, you can adjust the rates and notes per product.
- Timing- you can set a time range and a priority level per recommendation using the built in calendar picker.
- Notes- Add notes that will apply to the recommendation.
- When completed click "save draft" or "Submit" depending on if you want other to see the recommendation.
Completed recommendations can be viewed either within the scouting app or within FarmQA Controller. To do this follow the instructions bellow.
- Within FarmQA Scouting
- In the bottom right-hand corner, click on the "advice" tab.
- Recommendations will either be displayed as "in progress" or "past recommendation" depending if they are drafts or not.
- Click on a past report Recommendation, choose the PDF layout of your preference, and then click "open PDF". The PDF will include product totals based on the known acreage of fields.
- Within FarmQA Controller
- Click on the "Advice" tab and then on "recommendations" (see below).
- Within the recommendation tab, you can click on a report from the list view to see the details.
- From this view, you can toggle up and down to other recommendations or export to PDF.
- Note that recommendations can also be multi-selected and exported in bulk from the list view shown above. This allows for a weeks worth of recommendations to be sent in one PDF file.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions