GeoTIFF's (or geo-located TIFFs) are essentially images that are associated with a specific location on a map. FarmQA can automatically clip GeoTIFF images to your fields, saving you time and effort while getting imagery uploaded to your account. Check out the article below to learn more about how setup your GeoTIFF's before uploading and how to actually get them uploaded.
In order for you to clip an image to your fields, the image must meet the following requirements:
- The image you're uploading must be a GeoTIFF (.tiff or .tif) file.
- Uploaded GeoTIFF files must be 8-bit or 16-bit files. You should have the ability to adjust whether your imagery is 8-bit or 16-bit from the software you're exporting your imagery from.
- GeoTIFF images must be smaller than 25 megabytes (mb) in size.
- GeoTIFF imagery will only be clipped to fields that completely overlap with your image. Images will not be clipped to fields that it only partially intersects.
Clipping a GeoTIFF image to your fields in a map layer
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you aren't already.
- Click on the Settings icon, then go to the Map layers tab.
- Find and click on the map layer you want to add imagery to, then click the Create images from TIFF button (pictured below).
- Either drag your GeoTIFF file into the Create images from TIFF window or click inside the dashed box in that window to browse your computer for the file (pictured below).
- If you're clipping your GeoTIFF image to a time based or growing season map layer, use the calendar button or growing season dropdown menu, respectively, to set the time you want to upload this image to.
- After you've submitted your GeoTIFF file to clip your imagery, a message saying "The operation will continue in the background" will pop up in the upper right-hand side of the screen. In the upload table under the Status column, you'll see either a Pending or Successful message. Once you see the Successful message, your image will be clipped to your fields (pictured below).
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions