Geomarkers in FarmQA can be added one at a time from the FarmQA mobile app, but if you already have geomarkers made and stored in a geospatial file, those can be brought in in bulk from the FarmQA web app. The points you want to add as geomarkers to your marker layer must be uploaded in a zipped folder and be in one of the three following formats:
- An ESRI shapefile, which includes a .shp, .shx, and .dbf file.
- A KML file.
- A KMZ file.
Check out the instructions below to learn about how to bulk add points to a marker layer as geomarkers.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- In the Map tab, click on the slide-out map pane. Locate the marker layer you want to add geomarkers to under the MARKERS header.
- Click the Edit icon next to the marker layer you'd like to add geomarkers to (pictured below).
- In the Edit markers pane, drag the zipped folder containing the shapefile with the points you want to upload into the box with the dashed border (pictured below).
- NOTE: you can also click the box with the dashed border to open up a file explorer window and browse your computer for the zipped shapefile in question.
- Your points will now be added to the marker layer.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions