If you're using Ag Leader's SMS software to help with your operation, you'll probably want to get the spatial data files you create there into your FarmQA account. The process of getting your SMS files into FarmQA is simple and straightforward, but there is likely to be some troubleshooting you'll have to do. Check out the article below to learn how to navigate getting your SMS files into FarmQA as map layers.
To edit your SMS files, you'll need to use a Geographic Information System (GIS) software. We'll be using QGIS for this walkthrough as it is a free software.
QGIS download: Welcome to the QGIS project!
Getting SMS point layers into FarmQA
When you try and upload a point layer created in SMS to a map layer in FarmQA, you may get the error message displayed in the image below. If you get this error message, it means that you'll have to perform some slight edits to your file before it's ready to upload. Follow the instructions below to prepare your point layer file for upload to FarmQA.
- Open QGIS.
- Click on the Layer header, then click Add Layer > Add Vector Layer (pictured below).
- Click on the ... button to browse your computer for the file you want to upload. When you've found it, double click on it then click the Add button (pictured below).
- In the Select Items to Add window, click the Add Layers button at the bottom of the window. Afterwords, click out of the Data Source Manager | Vector window (pictured below).
- Your point layer file will be shown in the Layers panel on the left-hand side of the screen. Of the files stored here, you will only need the points file to upload to your FarmQA map layer.
- To export the points file that you need, right-click on points, then click on Export > Save Feature As... (pictured below).
- Set the file format to Keyhole Markup Language [KML] and press the ... button next to the File name textbox. This will allow you to choose where you save your file as well as what you want to name it. After you've done this, click the OK button at the bottom of the window (pictured below).
- You can now upload your point layer to a map layer in your FarmQA account.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions