FarmQA's virtual weather stations let you record and store weather data in your fields. Setting up a virtual weather station is easy and doesn't require the setup and maintenance of a physical weather station. Check out the article below to learn how to setup and use virtual weather stations in FarmQA.
NOTE: your virtual weather stations will only begin to compile data once you set them up, meaning that your historical data will only go back until the day on which you setup your station. We recommend setting up your virtual weather station as soon as possible to have the most robust historical dataset possible.
Setting up virtual weather stations
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app.
- Click on the Settings button then click on the Sensors tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the blue Add button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the Add new weather station option, then select Virtual (pictured below).
- Complete the following steps to complete your virtual weather station setup:
- Give your weather station a name.
- Click on the map to set a location for your weather station.
- Click the Validate button to check if your weather station can be set at your desired location.
- Once your weather station has been validated, click the Add button to complete your weather station setup. You will get a message that says Weather station has been added when it has been successfully saved.
Using your virtual weather station
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the web app if you aren't already.
- In the Map tab, open the slide-out map pane and check the Weather stations box under the POINTS header.
- Click on a Weather station icon on the map to view weather data at this site (pictured below).
- Sensor data can also be accessed from Sensors page by going to Settings > Sensors.
- Click on the desired sensor to view historic temperature, solar radiation, and pressure data at your sensor's location (pictured below).
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions