Within FarmQA a user can write product recommendations. This can be done from the mobile app or the FarmQA Controller web portal, this article walks through the web portal view. Instructions are below.
Note, products and mixes should be created before a recommendation is written, see this article for more details.
- Open FarmQA Controller
- Recommendations can either be started from 1) the Scouting tab or 2) the Advice tab.
- Use the Advice tab if there is no associated scouting report or if the scouting report is not yet written. Vise versa if the report is already created.
- Next click the + button in the top right-hand corner of the screen to start the recommendations
- Note, alternatively from the scouting tab you can click on this button to write a recommendation
- After entering the create recommendation screen, you can do the following things:
- Choose Fields- select a single or multiple fields, a search box is available to just find corn fields, for example.
- Customize field details- this is where you can add field specific notes within the recommendations and enter a acreage value for spot srays.
- Products- you can choose a pre-made mix to apply to the recommendation or add products individually. After selecting, you can adjust rates and notes per product. Additionally product labels will be available via links or PDF's.
- Mix details- things like pre-harvest interval, rainfast, and Re entry interval will all pre-populate if it is defined within the mix. If not you can manually fill it out.
- Priority/Timing- you can set a time range and a priority level per recommendation using the built in calendar picker.
- Notes- Add notes that will apply to the recommendation.
- When completed click Add to submit the recommendation.
Completed recommendations can be viewed either within the scouting app or within FarmQA Controller. The FarmQA Controller instructions are below.
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- click on the "advice" tab on the left-hand side
- Use the sort and filter option within the list view to locate the recommendation you are looking for (see below). These include things such as
- Searching by a field name
- Using a time range filter
- Or filtering by a grower
- After the recommendation is located, click on the blue text by the date to see the full details (see below)
- From the detail view you can
- click the Action buttons
- Link reports in the top right-hand corner. This associates scouting reports to the recommendation and allows them to be grouped together in the PDF view.
- View details- you can see things like field specific recommendation notes, products, rates, product totals etc.
- Note- product totals are auto-calculated based on the field size. They will calculate for per ac, per container, and per water volume based units.
- When exporting to PDF you can see the product totals per field are automatically calculated along with a rolled up calculation across fields.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions