FarmQA Analytics is a way to make sense of dense scouting data to more easily extract insights. This is done through creating metrics for scouting questions that you want tracked within a dashboard. After setup is complete, all metric enabled questions will automatically populate in a FarmQA Analytics dashboard which includes a spatial view. See the instructions below for more details.
Table of contents
- Setting up Metrics
- Using Metrics designer to view your maps and graphs
- Viewing Analytics- Report Tab
Settings up Metrics
The first step is to mark which scouting questions should be tracked as metrics. Think of metrics as a way to make a scouting question a column within a rolled up scouting dashboard table.
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on the Analytics icon on the left-hand side of the screen. Navigate to the Metrics tab, located under the Analytics header at the top of the screen.
- Begin setting up a new metrics by selecting the "+ New Metric" button. Metrics can be setup as a Numeric or Picklist function.
- Fill out the basic metric information, including the metric Name, Category, and Title.
- For Numeric data, set the Number of decimal places you want your data reported to, the Range of data you want reported, and the Color scale you want to use to represent your data.
- For Picklist data, add the data values you would like to include in your dataset, and select the colors you would like to use to represent these data.
- Metric data can be imported either from Scouting reports or Map layers. Scouting report data will be added to your dataset when the scouting report is sent in from the FarmQA Scouting app.
- Once you have completed these steps, select the Save icon above the Name box to save your new metric.
Using Metrics designer to view your maps and graphs
After you have setup a metric to track, you can visualize your summarized metrics .
- Login to your FarmQA Controller account
- Click on the Analytics icon on the sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen. Navigate to the Metrics designer tab located under the Analytics header.
- Navigating to the Metrics designer tab will show you any previously setup metrics graphics you have setup. To set up a new metrics graphic, press the "+" button above the graph or map being displayed.
- Select your desired metric under the METRICS header on the upper right-hand side of the screen to begin data visualization. Select the organization you want to collect data from under the FARMS AND FIELDS header. Use the two dropdown menus at the upper right-hand side of the screen to choose what chart type you want to display and the time frame you want to collect data to summarize over.
- To adjust how you want to view your data, select one of the following options:
- Line chart: Graphs the average value of the desired metric across all fields over the users desired time period (pictured: Stand Count over the past year to date).
- Heat map: displays observation density on a map using a heat map format.
- Field averages map: displays the average value for your selected metric on each field over the time period you selected.
- Range chart: displays the highest and lowest values recorded for your selected metrics within the desired time period.
- Bar chart (Picklist only): displays the counts of each Picklist option for the selected metric over the desired timeframe.
- Once all the proper information has been selected, your desired graph or map will be displayed.
- Saving a map will add the map to your Dashboard.
NOTE: Any metric parameter (i.e. Name, Category) can be edited later after being created.
Metrics that you have setup using the Metrics designer are all loaded into your Dashboard. All maps and graphs on your Dashboard are fully functional: fields on maps and points on graphs can be selected to view values, and data stored at different times on maps can be displayed.
Viewing Analytics- Report tab
After individual metrics are created they can be viewed as analytics. Analytics are a rolled up view of all scouting data that can be displayed in both table and graphical formula. See the instructions below for more details.
- Click on the Analytics tab on the left-hand side of the screen
- The Report tab is selected by default in the top-left. This tab contains the table view of all metric data.
- The Report table can be manipulated in a few ways from this view. Find the steps for sorting your table below.
Grouping columns: Metrics reported in the table can be sorted by one or more categories.
- Start this by dragging a column header (i.e. "Farm" as pictured below) into the Drag a column header here to group its column rectangle above the analytics table.
- The table will now sort all values by that category. In this case, you can see that MN Farm and ND Farm are separated (pictured below). You can add a second category to sort by by repeating the previous step.
- Now our analytics table is sorted by farms, then crops. This sorting can be undone by pressing the "x" in the right-hand side of text box for each category in the blue rectangle above the analytics table.
Search: Any term that appears in the table can be searched using the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. All rows that do not include the search term will be excluded from the table (see below: searching for "Corn" removes all rows that do not have "Corn" recorded in them).
Sorting: Clicking on the column header will sort all rows based by ordering the values in the selected column a certain way. Clicking the column header once will order values in ascending order, and clicking it twice will order values in descending order.
Filter: Columns can be filtered to only include values based on a filter query. Data can be filtered to only include values that start with, end with, contain, or exclude a term. Numerical data
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions