Within FarmQA Controller you can draw field boundaries with holes in them. This may be needed to exclude tree lines, waterways, roads etc. from field boundaries. There is no limit to the number of holes you can make, the acreage value will be automatically updated as subtractions are saved. See the instructions below for more details.
Creating a Single Subtraction
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Note- this CANNOT be done from the mobile application
- Click on the Map tab, then the blue "+" button in the bottom right-hand corner to draw the initial field boundary.
- If needed, see these instructions for more information on creating the initial field boundary
- After the basic shape is drawn, click off the boundary but still within the map view (see below). This will make the draw tools selectable again.
- Choose the "add polygon" tool and draw the area you would like removed WITHIN the field
- Click save
- **see the instructions below if needing to make more than one hole**
Creating Multiple Subtractions
Currently multiple holes can only be created within the field EDIT mode and not during the initial draw process as described above. See the additional setups below.
- To create additional holes, locate the field from the Map view, click on the boundary, then select "edit field" from the slide out pane.
- Proceed to create holes with the "add polygon" tool remembering to click off the boundary between polygons. (see below)
- Click save
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions