Within FarmQA Controller you can draw field boundaries with holes in them. This may be needed to exclude tree lines, waterways, roads, or buildings from field boundaries. There is no limit to the number of holes you can make, and the acreage value will be automatically updated as subtractions are saved. See the instructions below for more details.
Creating a Subtraction
- Log in to your FarmQA Controller account as an enterprise administrator.
- NOTE: fields can only be drawn in FarmQA Controller as an enterprise administrator. If you are not an enterprise administrator, pass these instructions on to them.
- Click on the Map tab, then the blue "+" button in the bottom right-hand corner to draw the initial field boundary.
- If needed, see these instructions for more information on creating the initial field boundary
- After the basic shape is drawn, click outside of the field boundary but still within the map view to finish the drawing (Picture 1). This will make the draw tools selectable again.
- Choose the Add polygon tool and draw the area you would like removed within the field (Picture 2).
- NOTE: This process can be repeated if you have multiple holes to draw within a field.
- Click the Save button to save the changes to your field (Picture 3).
Picture 1. Draw your field boundary, then click anywhere outside the boundary.
Picture 2. Draw the hole within your field, then click Save.
Picture 3. The finished field boundary with a hole in it.
Editing Fields to Add Holes
- To edit the field to add holes, locate the field from the Map view, click on the boundary, then select Edit field from the slide out pane.
- Proceed to create holes with the Add polygon tool, remembering to click off the boundary between polygons.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Your field will update with the additional hole(s) added to your field boundary.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions