A user can drop a GPS pin at their current location and associate data to that point within the FarmQA app. This function is also available while you are in offline mode. You won't be able to do this if you're trying to scout with FarmQA from the web. Instructions on how to drop a GPS pin can be done are found below.
- Log in to your FarmQA account from the mobile app.
- Select a field to scout from either the Map or Observations tab.
- Within the field view, click the blue Add button in the bottom right-hand corner (see below).
- Select the Add observation option.
- Select the Back arrow at the upper left-hand corner of the scene without filling out any information in the observation template (pictured below). This will automatically drop a pin at your location within the field.
- Note: if you follow this operation while standing outside the field boundary, the pin will be automatically dropped at the center of the field (pictured below).
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions