Within the FarmQA Scouting app, a user can drop a GPS pin at their current location and associate data to that point. This function is not available when using FarmQA Scouting on a web browser. Instructions on how to drop a GPS pin can be done are found below.
- Log in to your FarmQA Scouting app
- Select a field to scout by using either the Map or List view
- Within the field view, click the blue "+" button in the bottom right-hand corner (see below). Select the "Add obeservation" option.
- Select the back arrow at the upper left-hand corner of the scene without filling out any information in the observation template (pictured below). This will automatically drop a pin at your location within the field.
- Note: if you follow this operation while standing outside the field boundary, the pin will be automatically dropped at the center of the field (pictured below).
- This function is available in offline mode.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions