FarmQA allows default scouting values to be set within the template designer. This grants users the ability to define what the default entry is for every scouting question. Below are instructions on how the default value can be set, and how it's used.
Setting Default Values
- Log in to your FarmQA Controller account.
- Next click on the Scouting icon, then navigate to the Templates tab.
- Select the template you wish to edit.
- Within the template designer, click on a section and question that you would like to add a default value to.
- At the bottom of the right pane you will see the ability to toggle on default values for any question (pictured below).
- Note: default values are available for all types of questions, except for date questions.
- Click the default toggle option on, then use the box provided below to input the content you want as the default.
- Save the template to complete the process.
Using default values
- After completing the steps above, login to the FarmQA Scouting application and click on a field that has the template with default values included.
- Click on the section that has default values and notice the content is pre-populated.
- Note: if you do not see the default values, sync the scouting app by following these instructions.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions