Scouting templates can be setup to have a summary question which will appear at the start or end of an exported PDF report. Having a field summary on your scouting reports can provide your growers or other end user with a quick overview of the contents of the report. Setting up a summary section can be don by following the instructions below.
A summary report will be automatically generated in the PDF view of a scouting report if the following is done:
- A multiple line text question is answered in a report within the first, last, or both sections of a report.
- The summary section is only answered once across all observations for a field.
- Log in to your FarmQA Controller account.
- Click on the Scouting icon, then navigate to the Template tab.
- Select the template you want to edit by clicking on the blue text that displays the template's name.
- Create a new section that only contains one multiple line question (pictured below).
- Note: You can also edit your existing first or last section to only have one multiple line question.
- Next, save the template and submit a scouting report with the summary section filled out. Then export to PDF and notice the layout of the summary section.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions