Field boundaries can be edited within FarmQA Controller along with the farm associations. This may be necessary if fields are split between growing seasons, or the actual acres planted differs from the boundary in FarmQA. To make simple edits the vertices can be adjusted, for more complex shape changes a new KML or Shapefile can be uploaded. See the instructions below.
- Login to FarmQA controller controller.farmqa.com
- Click on the "Map" icon on the left-hand side of the screen, then locate and click on the field needing to be edited.
- Next click " Edit Field" within the side pane (see below)
- Within the edit view the vertices can be adjusted (see below).
- Additionally, if the farm association needs to be updated it can be done in this pane as well within the "organization" section.
- Make sure to click save when done.
Complex changes (File upload)
- Within FarmQA Controller click on the "Map" tab, then on "Edit Field"
- Look to the slide out pane on the left and notice the drag and drop window
- Either click the box, or drag the new field into the drop zone.
- Notice the boundary will be updated. Visually inspect that the field looks correct, then click "save".
- Troubleshooting: Below are a few reasons why the field may not update
- File must be a KML, KMZ, or Shapefile
- File can only contain one field (it can be a multi-polygon field)
- The field boundary cannot intersect itself
- The file can only contain polygons (no line segments, or points)
- No zones
** For information on how to create fields, see this article **
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions