Davis Weather stations can be set to either "public" or "private". If the station is public anyone can access and view the station data. If the station is private, only users that are granted permission by the owner can see data. Below are instructions on how to grant permission of a private station to users.
*NOTE: only station owners can complete these steps below*
Granting access to "private" stations
- The first step is for each user to create a Free Weather Link II account. This can be done by clicking the "sign up" option at the website below, or on the mobile application
- Next have the admin set each station to "public" (this is only temporary)
- If users would like to see stations on the mobile app follow these instructions, otherwise skip to step 7.
- Each user should open the mobile application, and save each station that will be shared with them as a "Favorite" (see below)
- After all users have done this, set each station to "Private" within the Weather Link II portal (as seen below)
- Next select the station that is to be shared within the Weather Link II admin account
- Then click the "share & Upload" icon in the top-right hand corner (shown below)
- On the following screen, click "add share"
- Next search for the username of the individual that should get access.
- Note: If a grower set this up on their own you may need to contact them for this.
- Select the identified user, assign a "basic share" to their account, then click the black "share" icon associated with their account.
- The process is complete, ensure that users can see the station on the app.