360 SoilScan Setup Instructions
*Important: Please read before using 360 SoilScan
- To prevent injuries and to avoid damaging 360 SOILSCAN, please read all product safety instructions before using 360 SOILSCAN. For detailed safety instructions, launch your 360 SOILSCAN Application, select Settings and navigate to Product Safety. In addition, before using your 360 SOILSCAN, please read all product warranty information by launching your 360 SOILSCAN Application, selecting Settings and navigating to Legal.
- This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
1. Plug in power cord. (Figure 1)
2. Turn on 360 SoilScan unit. The power switch glows red when the unit is turned on (Figure 2)
3. Launch the 360 SoilScan App on your iPad. Use and iPad 3 or newer device. (Figure 3)
4. Select your 360 SoilScan device from the menu and follow the instructions on the screen. (Figure 4)
5. Your iPad can be docked to your 360 SoilScan. The USB cord provided can be used to power your iPad. The USB cord is not required to connect to your 360 SoilScan since it communicated with your iPad wirelessly. (Figure 5)
360 SoilScan Storage Guidelines
Below are tips for storing your machine for more than 24 hours or over winter.
- Store N03-N Sensor (grey) dry. Use the N03-N Storage Bottle that came with the sensor to cover the tip. Switch to this storage method if that machine will not be used within the next 24 hours.
- Fill the small Reference Electrode Storage Bottle 3/4 full with standard solution. Add cap to bottle and insert over electrode (red), making sure electrode tip is immersed in solution. Tighten the cap on the bottle. Switch to this storage method if the machine will not be used within the next 24 hours.
- Place the 360 SoilScan machine and sensors in a mild environment (60 Degrees Fahrenheit to 80 Degrees Fahrenheit). Do not leave the machine in an unheated shop as exposure to cold temperatures can affect the sensor performance. A good rule of thumb is to treat the machine and sensors similar to how you wold treat you iPad.
- Standard Solution can be stored at room temperature
- Extra tips that have not been opened should also be stored at room temperature in their original packaging.
- For winter storage, make sure the water tank on your machine is empty and the water line is purged.
Additional Product Information and Instructions
Machine Measurements: 21L x 12W x 19H
Weight: 17.4 Kg
Lifting/Carrying: When picking up 360 SoilScan, use the handle on the back of the machine.
Safety: Please read and follow all instructions prior to operating equipment. Safety may be impaired if equipment is used in a manner not specified by the manufacturer. Wear chemical splash safety googles, chemical-resistant gloves, and a chemical-resistant apron wen handling standard solution.
Noise Level: Noise levels emitted from the equipment and under 70dBA
USB Port: The USB port is intended only fro connection to signal circuits from SELV sources of supply such as certified information technology equipment (i.e. computer, touch pads, cellphones etc.). The supply connector is intended only for connection to the output of the brick power supple cord provided with the unit or to an accessory outlet of a vehicle through the vehicle supply cord provided with the unit. These devices provide required protection for the equipment for CE compliance and cannot be substituted by other similar devices. If the supply cord or power cord supply is damaged, contact the manufacturer for replacement.
Additional Product Information and Instructions
Range of Environmental Conditions
This equipment is intended for indoor or outdoor use. (Do not operate outdoors unless conditions are dry)
This equipment is designed for connection sources of supply that are below shock hazard levels in normal and single fault conditions. Connect only to source of supply rated nominal 12V form a vehicle electrical system or to the certified power supply provided with the unit.
Operating Temperature: 10 to 40 degrees C
Altitude: up to 5,000m
Relative Humidity: up to 98%
Supply Voltage Fluctuations = +/- 20%; overvoltage Category 1, pollution degree 2. IP rating: IP2X
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions