General User Overview
Growing seasons can easily be added within FarmQA controller. This feature allows users to assign crops and fields to growing season. Season can then be used as a filter elsewhere in the product. Instructions for adding growing seasons can be found below.
Adding a New Growing Season
- Login to FarmQA controller
- Note: only users with the "Enterprise Administrator" role can complete the task below.
- Within the enterprise click on "settings" on the left-hand side of the screen, then on “Growing Seasons”
- Next click the "+" sign in the top bottom left-hand corner to add a new growing season (see below)
- After clicking the "+" sign a small drop down menu will show up. You can either duplicate from a previous season or start with a new empty season (See picture below).
Duplicating a Growing Season
This process will copy all crop to field associations from a previous year into a new season.
- Start by clicking on the growing season you would like to duplicate (it should be highlighted in blue)
- Next click the blue plus button->"Duplicate growing season"
- The newly created season will be named "Copy of (previous name)". Start by renaming the growing season to the new year.
- Set the season to "Active" if you want it to appear in the scouting app. If you are just crop planning, leave it as draft.
- Click Save when done
- Changes can also be undone by clicking the undo button to the left of the save button
Creating a new "empty" growing season
- Click the "New growing season" option under the blue plus symbol
- Give the season a name, "2022" for example
- Associate a state
- Use "Active" if the season should be visible in the scouting app, and "draft" if you are just crop planning.
- Click save, the new season will now appear elsewhere in FarmQA Controller allowing fields to be added to it.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions