General User Overview
Growing seasons can easily be added within FarmQA controller. This feature allows users to assign crops to given growing seasons and book end data sets to easily be queried in future years. Instructions for adding growing seasons can be found below.
Adding a New Growing Season
1. Login to FarmQA controller
- Note: only users with the "Enterprise Administrator" role can complete the task below.
2. Within the enterprise click on "settings" on the left-hand side of the screen, then on “Growing Seasons”
3. Next click the "+" sign in the top bottom left-hand corner to add a new growing season (see below)
4. After clicking the "+" sign a small drop down menu will show up. You can either duplicate from a previous season or start with a new empty season (See picture below).
5. Duplicate Growing season-this process will copy all crop to field associations from a previous year into a new season.
- Start by clicking on the growing season you would like to duplicate from (2019 in my example below)
- Example: this may correspond with a common crop rotation of two or three years.
- Next click the blue plus button->"Duplicate growing season"
- The newly created season will be named "Copy of (previous name)". Start by renaming the growing season to the new year, and update the dates associated to it.
- To add a new crop to this growing season, select the drop-down menu and choose the new crop.
- When finished click save button in the top right-hand corner.
- Changes can also be undone by clicking the undo button to the left of the save button
6. New empty season
- To create a new season from scratch, start by naming the season and adding a description. (1)
- Next select the dates associated to the season (2)
- Select the management area (3).
- This feature is used for assigning growing seasons to different farms or regions within an enterprise. If the growing season should be applied to all areas of the enterprise, select the first option in the list.
- After selecting the management area, you will need to click the save icon before the add crops tab will appear. (4)
- Finally add all the crops that are going to be used in the new growing season (5)
- Click save again if any crops have been added.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions