FarmQA Controller - Adding a New Growing Season
General User Overview
Growing seasons can easily be added within FarmQA controller. This feature allows users to assign crops to given growing seasons, and book end data sets to easily be queried from in future years. Instructions for adding growing seasons can be found below.
Adding a New Growing Season
1. Login to FarmQA controller and access the desired enterprise to which a growing season is to be added. https://controller.farmqa.com/
2. Within the enterprise, click on the “settings” icon on the left-hand side of the screen. Next click “Growing Seasons”
3. Next click the "+" sign in the top right-hand corner to add the new growing season
4. After clicking the "+" sign a small drop down menu will show up. You can either copy from a previous season or start with a new empty season (See picture below).
5. Copying from a previous season
- First you will start by naming the new season you wish to create (1)
- Next you will select the season you wish to Copy from (2)
- This will likely correspond with your common crop rotation of two or three years.
- Click save in the top right-hand corner. (3)
- You will now be able to see the crops assigned to the past growing season in a list view (as shown below). Crops can be removed from this list by clicking the delete icon on the right-hand side of the crop line.
- To add a new crop to this growing season, select the drop-down menu and choose the new crop. (4)
- NOTE: The date range of the season should be updated to the current year.(5)
- When finished, make sure to click the save icon. (6)'
- Changes can also be undone by clicking the undo button to the left of the save button
6. New empty season
- To create a new season from scratch, start by naming the season and adding a description. (1)
- Next select the dates that this season includes (2)
- Select the management area (3). This feature is used for assigning growing seasons to different farms or regions within an enterprise. If the growing season should be applied to all areas of the enterprise, select the first option in the list.
- After selecting the management area, you will need to click the save icon before the add crops tab will appear. (4)
- Finally add all the crops that are going to be used in the new growing season (5)
- Click save again if any crops have been added.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions