Crops can easily be added and assigned to fields within FarmQA Controller. This feature allows users to easily track where crops and varieties are planted geographically from season to season, and can also help with the planning process for future growing seasons. Instructions for adding crops can be found below.
Adding a Crop
- Login to FarmQA controller as an enterprise administrator.
- NOTE: only enterprise administrators can add crops in FarmQA. If you are not an enterprise administrator, pass these instructions on to them.
- Click on the Settings icon on the left-hand side of the screen. Then navigate to the Crops/varieties tab.
- Next click the "+" sign in the top right-hand corner to add the new crop.
- After clicking the plus sign, a new window will open like the one shown below. In this window enter in the following information:
- Name of the crop.
- Assign a Master crop. You can choose from the list of crops supported by FarmQA, or add in the Other option if your crop is not in our database.
- Check if the crop is Perennial or not (See this article for more detail).
- Assign a default scouting Template.
- Adjust the Map color fields are displayed with when colored by crop.
- Set the GDU base temperate in Fahrenheit. If you do not set a base temp, a default value of 50° will be assigned.
- Any Notes for crop/variety (optional).
- Once complete click the Add crop button at the bottom of the screen. You will now see the newly added crop throughout FarmQA.
- Now that crops are created you can create varieties under those crops using this article.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions