FarmQA has partnered with several weather station manufacturers to ingest weather station data into FarmQA Controller. FarmQA is currently integrated with include; Davis Instruments, D and Pessl Instruments. All three of the companies’ data can be viewed in the same way, instructions for which are listed below.
Adding a weather station to FarmQA Controller
- Login to FarmQA Controller with Admin access.
- Click on “settings” on the left-hand side of the screen, then “equipment” (see below)
- The equipment screen will display all stations and moisture probes currently assigned to an enterprise, and the date each piece of equipment last communicated.
- Next, click on the “+” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then “add new weather station” (see below).
- Select the weather station manufacturer of the deployed station. Then follow the prompts on the screen to the right to either enter the login credentials or the serial number of a given station.
- Click “validate” to finalize the process of adding a station.
- Data is now viewable within FarmQA Controller.
Accessing Weather Station Data in FarmQA Controller
- Login to FarmQA Controller
- Click on the slide out pane to the map view, and turn on the "weather station" layer (see below)
- Alternatively you can go to Settings -> Equipment to view the station in a list view
Accessing Field Specific Weather Data in FarmQA Controller
- To access field specific weather data, access the desired enterprise within FarmQA Controller
- Next, navigate to the location of the field the user is intending to view weather data for
- Click on the field boundary of the desired field
- A slide out pane on the right hand side of the screen will appear with field information and weather data. (See below)
- You can view current conditions, 5 day forecast, hourly forecast, and weather history for this field.
- All units can be changed within settings->units
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions