Below are the file formats accepted by FarmQA Controller
- Files need to be zipped and contain .shp, .shx, and .dbf files.
- FarmQA controller will only accept KML or KMZ files containing Polygons. See instruction below on creating, saving, and sending KML file.
- Download and open Google Earth
- Navigate using the map to a field location
- Click on the "add polygon" tool (as shown in the screenshot below). Note: the "path" tool will create a file that is not accepted.
- Enter a field name in the window that appears after clicking the polygon tool
- Next begin clicking on the map at the vertices of the field, double click at the last point.
- Click "Ok" when you are done drawing the field.
- Next right-click on the field name in the left-hand column and click the "Save Places As" button (shown below).
- Save the file as a .kml file and send to FarmQA in an email. This can be done by changing the "save as type" to .kml.
- If there are multiple fields to be created and sent to FarmQA Controller, create a "folder" within Google Earth and place all created fields in the folder.
- After all fields are added right-click the folder->"save places as"->now save the folder as a KMZ.
FarmQA Scouting Application
- A third option is to use the FarmQA Scouting Application to draw field boundaries. After creating a boundary in the scouting application boundaries will be automatically added to FarmQA Controller.
- For instructions on how to use the FarmQA Scouting Application to create boundaries, see this article.
Please contact FarmQA Support with any further questions